Introducing powerful, versatile, and innovative aesthetic treatments, with the Palomar StarLux® Pulsed Light and Laser System.
Permanent Hair Reduction Through Pulsed Light
If you live with unwanted hair, you’ve probably tried some of the typical solutions such as shaving, waxing, and electrolysis.
If so, You’ve Found That:
- Shaving is a daily nuisance.
- Waxing is painful and only a short-term solution.
- Electrolysis is effective, but since it only treats one hair follicle at a time, it’s not practical for large areas and is extremely time consuming.
The Pulsed Light Alternative
Palomar Pulsed Light Systems offer a lasting solution for unwanted hair.
- Permanent: Concentrated pulses of light loosen the hair and disable the cells responsible for new hair growth.
- Fast: Small areas, such as underarms and upper lip can be treated in 10 minutes or less. Even large areas, like the back or legs, can be treated in under half an hour.
- Comfortable: Various cooling methods keep the light pulses mild and skin safe, allowing for more comfortable treatments than electrolysis or waxing.
- Convenient: Unlike waxing, there is no need to let hair grow out between treatments. You can remain hair free all the time.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Does Palomar Pulsed Light Work?
Palomar Systems uses specialized handpiecess which filter light from different parts of the spectrum. Each band of the spectrum has a wavelength that is ideal for different treatments, such as hair reduction, sunspot removal and acne treatment.
The Palomar hair removal hand pieces emit pulses of light into the hair follicles. The light is absorbed by the pigment in the follicles and converted to heat. The heat then loosens the hair and disables cells responsible for hair growth.
How is Palomar Pulsed Light Different Than a Laser?
Pulsed light systems and lasers are very similar, but Palomar Pulsed Light Systems use a much larger treatment window than most lasers. This spreads light over a wider area of skin and allows faster coverage of the skin and quicker treatments as a result.
What Body Areas Can I Get Treated?
Any area except around the eyes. The upper lip, face, neck, underarms, bikini line, legs, chest, and back can all be treated.
What are Palomar Treatments Like?
Your treatment provider will move the hand piece over the skin, pulsing it all the while. Each pulse will send a beam of light through your skin. A flashing light, an audible tone and a mild sensation on the skin will tell you when the handpiece is being pulsed.
What Should I Expect After Treatment?
Immediately after treatment, you can expect a mild sunburn-like sensation, possibly accompanied by minor swelling. This usually lasts 2 – 24 hours, and can be soothed with cold gel or ice packs. The treated hair will continue to appear for 7 – 30 days post-treatment. This is not new hair growth but the treated hairs being expelled from the skin. At any given time, some of your hair is not in a phase of active growth. Therefore, you will need more than one treatment to affect the growth of all your unwanted hair.