AmbioDisk™ is a 4th generation amniotic membrane (AM) technology created by IOP Ophthalmics. It is sutureless, overlay AM disk for the office-based or surgical treatment of the ocular surface.
The 15mm AmbioDisk configuration is available in both the Ambio2™ (35 microns thick) and Ambio5® (100+ microns thick) technologies. Our new 9mm diameter version is available in the Ambio2 option.
- Non-Healing Epithelial Defects
- Neurotrophic Ulcerations
- Corneal Erosions
- Acute Chemical/Thermal Burns
- Post-Infectious Keratitis (herpetic, vernal, bacterial)
Viable and Biostructurally Intact:
- The scientifically-based Ambio2 process removes bioburden and potential virulency but retains the devitalized, cellular components
- Photomicrograph shows intact epithelial and fibroblast cell components – with a dense extracellular matrix
Ambio2 Amniotic Membrane Allografts:
- Each allograft is cleaned, dehydrated and sterilized based upon strict, quality-controlled protocols.
- In its dry state, Ambio2 allografts are translucent, lightweight and thin.
- Nominal thickness: 40 microns.
All tissue recovered meets stringent specifications related to donor screening and testing.
Each allograft is processed, sterilized and packaged with proprietary, device-like methods – to ensure consistent, high-quality tissue for transplantation.
Simple Storage and Preparation
Ambio2 Allografts are provided dehydrated for room-temp storage. No freezing or refrigeration required. Ambio2 activates with sterile saline within minutes. No thawing or soaks required.